Email marketing is a great way to reach customers. It’s also a sound investment in business marketing. In 2011 the Direct Marketing Association put the return on investment (ROI) at $40.56 for every dollar invested. Not too shabby.
There are reasons why email marketing has such great returns:
- It’s current. Unlike traditional marketing methods that require planning and execution that may take months, email marketing can be sent within hours of pertinent news or events.
- It’s customizable. Emails can be personalized with individual names or user names and can even contain interaction history. Recipients can be separated into specific groups for very targeted messages.
- It’s quick. Producing multiple email messages can be done much more quickly and received immediately. Templates are easy to modify and a mailing can be created in hours not days or even months.
- It’s cheap. No paper costs, ink or postage to pay.
- It’s actionable. Coupons or discounts can be accessed by smartphone no matter where the customer is. This means no coupons left at home.
- It’s more frequent. While not bombarding customers with endless emails, they can be delivered much more frequently with much less cost than hard mail.
- It’s specific. When customers opt in to receive your emails they can also choose just what they want (and don’t want) to receive and how often they want to receive it. Having multiple options will increase customer satisfaction.
- It’s trackable. Who opens your messages, who clicks through the links and if the message was forwarded are just a few ways you can guage the efficiency of your message. It’s a fantastic way to see if you’re getting through.
- It’s spreadable. No, not like margarine but email messages are easily forwarded to other recipients who may also be interested in what you have to say. It’s a good way to increase your target base as well as gain new subscribers.
- It’s green! How many pieces of mail did you put into the recycling bin straight from the mailbox? Email marketing reduces waste, conserves resources and helps the planet.
If you’re not using email marketing you’re missing out on a big chance to reach your customers and would-be customers. For very low cost and overhead you can engage them with timely messages, appealing offers and the ability to spread your message for you.
For more information on the benefits of email marketing just call DataComm Plus at (262) 207-1100 and we’ll be happy to show you how wonderful it really is.